XJO 0.72% 8,343.0 s&p/asx 200

International Nurses Friday, page-2

1. 9,468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5309
    The momentum from yesterday carried through in the morning session.  The XJO then faded for the rest of the day to finish up marginally +0.05%  Volume was on the low side, but the number of issues traded was above average.  

An analysis of the Advance/Decline data today is interesting.  A/D Ratio was mildly bullish at 52.8%, but AdvancingVolume/DecliningVolume was very bearish at 34.9%.

So there was a lot of relatively big sales in a relatively small number of issues.

The big banks today had varied results:  ANZ -0.31%, NAB +0.31%, -0.09%, CBA +0.42%.  All experienced intra-day selling today.  On balance, however, they did a little better than the broad market.

If today's candle occurred at the top of a substantial uptrend or at the lower end of a substantial downtrend, I'd be concerned.  I'm not so sure that it is highly significant after the previous day's strong bounce off a downtrend.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Even so - It would take another big down day to confirm that the downtrend has resumed.

I mentioned yesterday that the RSI had given a tentative "buy" signal.  That was confirmed by a tentative 'buy" signal on the CCI today.  Only the Dynamic Zone Stochastic needs to give confirmation.
    The long-term trend is up.  The short-term trend is indecisive.

Let's wait.

RB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.