LYC 1.39% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS

1. 476 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 336
    Two weeks ago, i attended a wedding here in Los Angeles. I was introduced to a gentlemen who works in the Commercial Attache' office at the Japanese Consulate which is in San Francisco.

He was connected to the brides party. Very nice guy and were chatted for a bit. I told him I visited Tokyo a couple of times, and that I was involved in rare earth export investments from Malaysia to Japan. Mentioned no names, but he was very aware about the broad subject. Soon after we shook hands, and I headed back to the open bar.

My friend the groom and his bride are waiting until Spring for their honeymoon.

My friend the groom called me two days ago. His new bride was evidentally speaking with this man. It came up in their conversation, and my friend the groom told me that this Gentleman mentiined our conversation. That his government is "eyeing the rare earth issue very carefully". And that their government in "on going discussions with the Malay officials to ensure no disruption of supply chain of rare earths from their country to Japan". The groom said this to me, so This is not a word for word quote. But about 98% correct.

That is all that was said, but we long haulers know that pressure from Japan to Malaysia could help with the LAMP permits. (These are now my words, not his). I have no other information to share on this topic, other than to say that the gentleman was very surprised by my knowledge of rare eaths and Japanese needs. Perhaps he found that impressive, hense the response through friends.

And I am usually not a big fan of attending weddings (or funerals). LOL.

Good luck to all.

Jason

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.090(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 $14.95M 2.285M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1500 $6.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 6919 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.55
  Change
0.090 ( 1.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 732559
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.