MP1 1.80% $13.55 megaport limited

Hi SW,I’ve been reading the thread but travelling a bit at...

1. 352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    Hi SW,

I’ve been reading the thread but travelling a bit at present. I remember we were talking on this thread in early Jan and both identified the increased # of DCs projected for this half. I think we expected a big quarter.

I also agree that something corporate is going on....do we know who the majority of the $50m placement came from yet? Not Capital Group given the notices to market and also no Digital Realty given the lack of a notice. I would think MP1 would be front and centre on DRs corporate/inorganic strategy radar. How much more expensive can they let it get?

A couple of of other things I have observed....MP1 is both fast growing and maturing...Belle Lajole has moved on (or been moved on) from Chief Commercial Officer. I would see the move from being Chief Commercial Officer (an MP1 original) to CEO of CloudScene (another Bevan startup) as a demotion. As MP1 reaches its largest valuation and just after a significant placement (likely welcoming some more instos)...watch this space..I think we will find an experienced CCO jump on board to drive bigger and more complex sales deals. Bevan has a history of transitioning the right people in and out of roles for what the company requires at particular stages. Think Daniel Abrahams at Superloop and Haidee van Ruth as CFO of Megaport...now “chief accountant” at NextDC.

Getting Jay Adelson on board is genius. Remember we lost a CTO...does MP1 currently have a CTO replacement for the twit(ter) guy? Jay brings authority. However, someone like Jay doesn’t get involved if he doesn’t think this has significant potential. I’m thinking $15-$20 in 2-3 years.

Some me of the comments I picked up on in the article are below. He refers to Megaport as Earth’s connectivity fabric. We google for search, we Uber for rideshare and mobility...we megaport for interconnection? That SDN we hoped for is finally coming to fruition in MP1. The way he conveys his admiration for what MP1 is doing, I don’t think he believes there will be a challenger and that the network effect provides a strong competitive advantage.

Some key sections of the article for me:
    It’s no longer in the four walls of a data centre, thus Megaport became interesting to me because I feel as though it has created that interconnection fabric for the planet earth. The promise of this software-defined network that we were all hoping for 10 years ago, is finally coming to its fruition with Megaport.

In 30 years from now, possibly even three years from now, we are going to seize to think of the internet as a platform, but more so like the air we breathe.

Things like provisioning, establishing connectivity, or even the interface, is all going to be integrated into everything that we do.

Let’s just hope us loyal shareholders reap the full reward and it doesn’t get taken out before it goes to greater heights.

Who is holding for 30 years from now?

One last thing....I mentioned one of Megaport’s clients and use cases that I was excited about late last year and again in January on this forum...Zoom. Did you happen to see what happened in Zoom’s IPO last week? Amazing...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MP1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.55
Change
0.240(1.80%)
Mkt cap ! $2.160B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.50 $13.67 $13.45 $4.433M 326.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2056 $13.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.58 300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$13.57
  Change
0.240 ( 1.34 %)
Open High Low Volume
$13.53 $13.65 $13.45 182615
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
MP1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.