internet dating.. , page-79

1. 9,046 Posts.
    I'm a bit of a Philippines hand watso….been going back and forth forever…over forty years now…first couple times doing a bit of work with the US Navy for a couple projects elsewhere during the war….Love the place for all its faults and its many positives….and very happily married to a lovely Filipina for over 30 years….

Early on - the internet scene there was mainly filled by genuine women seeking men, preferably overseas….for a better and happy life….compared to the poverty and dismay that their future would likely hold.

In recent years (and this is direct from western expats running internet cafes etc)…the pros have taken over….sometimes renting multiple machines to run multiple conversations to scam people all over the western world…even Japan, Singapore and anyplace where there is money to be made…..Now many have left out the middle-man and do it from home as computer costs and internet costs (and reliability) have come down. Your chances on the internet of finding a genuine woman looking for marriage are slim….there..and other places in Asia. They got smart...

If you want to meet a Filipina…..a genuine one…fly there…IF you can afford it…and it is very cheap…fly out of Manila to other islands….the Visayans are my favourite….one hour and your living costs are less than half for the hotel and meals…and the women more down to earth in general….and your stay considerably more pleasant no matter what the outcome….My wife is from Bacolod on Negros island…..But you can find wonderful women in any church, any hospital, any shopping centre. They are there in their millions…and because it was an American colony English is widely spoken and the women are less shy than other places in Asia and more confident. While they have the Asian charm…make no mistake…they are educated - or will make damn sure their kids are…and they work hard and are family oriented like no one else on the planet.

Been all over Asia for decades….feel a bit like I'm comparing dog breeds sometimes when I have this conversation (it happens often enough), and hate to think I'm somehow cheapening the issue - when I'm really not at all - just stating my opinions and observations, but the truth is there are different cultures and outlooks obviously….some better…some perhaps not…I'd rate a good Filipina at the top….Japanese maybe second….Indonesian (Christian) next….and down from there…You're mileage may differ…I'm happy with mine.

Just my observations and cautions watso…now go forth and multiply...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.