internet dating.. , page-82

1. 9,046 Posts.
    Thanks for the TU Dino…..I'll give you a couple stats based on my long term experience and knowing a great many Filipina/Western marriages…many dozens if not well over a hundred….frankly I have no idea, never counted them, just my casual knowledge…as we've lived all over and travelled all over the world in our many years together and met countless mixed couples….and I have completely lost count of them…What sticks out is the failures. I have known a few of those….but I won't exaggerate…a very few. They were obvious from the start….guys who married scammers, guys who hooked up with Olongapo or Angeles City pros….They ended badly….So did those where the husband was very old and the wife very young…Any seventy year old who thinks he can marry a twenty year old from anywhere and hang on to her…keep dreaming mate….it aint going to happen….

That said, any common sense approach, works well. I'd say that over 90% of the Filipina/Westerner marriages we know of (I use westerner as we know a lot of Americans, British, German etc who have such marriages)….have gone the distance….many were somewhat, but not huge age gaps, younger brides - but not all - my wife is two years older than me LOL - and a lot healthier and has three more university degrees than I have (two from here)….but even some of the younger ones followed their marriage for the duration - and watched their older husband die with a smile on his face and the knowledge they had a happy life while it lasted. We know such a couple recently in Fremantle - his wonderful wife guided and cared for her husband thru a terrible disease. So my opinion - if you have a few years on the meter…grabbing some twenty year old and thinking it will last is not likely….That said plenty of others in the 30's, 40's, and 50's etc…with all the charm and ability to make wonderful wives….Some are widows, some have never married for various reasons, some never formally married to Filipinos and moved on…. If that age bracket is closer to yours - you can count on loyalty, a home you'll be glad to arrive to every day, and meals your local restaurant will never compare to. All you have to do is be real, and go there and introduce yourself…It's not that hard. That's exactly what I did - and no regrets at all.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.