internet shopping is here to stay...

1. 12,085 Posts.
    ...because some Australian companies don't want your business.

I realise the following is a small snap shot but I'm sure multiple experiences drive people to not bother searching the shopping aisles.

All I wanted was generic Parker style pen refills. I used to buy them at Big W for about $2 for a 3 pack (Scribbles brand). They were damn good refills as you could wright at an angle (eg...doing puzzles in bed) without the ink back flowing. No longer available. Instead their aisles have 'a million' other pens...most cheap and nasty. At least refillable ones minimise landfill (if single use are not recyclable) due to the body not being trashed.

50 on the internet from an Australian company for $19.90 and free postage. I bought 12 for $6.90.

I also wanted a plastic caddy for the shower...my wife complains that she can't reach the top ledge of the shower screen without over stretching. I didn't want to buy a plastic coated wire framed one or the 'stainless' steel for $8/$15 as it would be crap and ooze rust. Until I located a decent caddy all I wanted was an el cheapo plastic one. Do you think I could find one between Big W, Coles, Woolworths or The Reject Shop? Buckley's! And I wasn't going to do the rounds with K Mart and Target etc.

I'll stick to the internet.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.