NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Internet world & australia ranking, page-8

1. 3,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Sure goosmurf,

however I only have rough numbers, going from memory about a conversation I had with our IT manager a few months ago.

First up, just after the paywall went up, we signed up for 5 logins. Standard pricing was $2000/year for each login. or $10k/year. This came with 250mb/month in total, or 50mb/login. This, according to my data meter, was enough for only 10 visits to nearmap per login, search, zoom in, pan around a bit per visit. (not much)

We were offered a 20% discount to sign up for two years, so $8K per year (committing to $16K under contract, payable up front annually from memory, but can't be sure about this, quite important however if you want to calc revenue versus cashflow)

Data limit was blown there some months by over ten times, i.e 3GB. They then made the friendly approach suggesting we up the plan to 1.5GB per month. The IT guy said this now works out to be about almost $11k/year now. You get full data usage graphs per month for each login (so you can see which department is hogging the bandwidth or using it at home, sharing with friends etc...)

Since the GE server went live we're back over 3GB/month now so maybe we'll be receiving another friendly call soon..

But we are saving many interstate trips with this service, and using it to make some pretty important decisions worth a lot of money, so this is chump change for the company.
    Last edited by Nice One: 05/08/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.