VXL 0.00% 11.5¢ valence industries limited

a snippet from SA, looks like high quality graphite will be a...

1. 1,050 Posts.
    a snippet from SA,

looks like high quality graphite will be a very wanted material .....this is only the tip of the iceberg,

": I believe the Syrah Resources announcement is huge for the industry. A report by Credit Suisse late last week hit the nail on the head. By way of background, Syrah's giant Mozambique deposit was considered by some industry pundits to be an overhang, i.e. big enough to flood the market. Not only is China's Chinalco absorbing upwards of 100k tonnes of Syrah's future output - that flake graphite is headed for a massive new end-market… aluminum anodes. It's as if 100k tonnes of annual supply suddenly disappeared. Even more important, Credit Suisse points out that aluminum anodes is a 13 million tonnes market, nearly 11 times the size of the natural graphite market. If Chinalco, the 4th-largest aluminum producer in the world, finds graphite to be superior to petroleum coke and anthracite, other aluminum producers presumably will as well.

Credit Suisse states an order of magnitude of graphite switching that could occur into the aluminum anode market. Upwards of 4 million tonnes of graphite could migrate to aluminum production. In my opinion, this could be nothing short of a paradigm shift in natural graphite "

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VXL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.