G88 0.00% 1.0¢ golden mile resources ltd

[INTERVIEW] From the Floor with Golden Mile Resources Managing Director - Damon Dormer, page-2

1. 4,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 955

Quite a bit packed into that interview. Here's my attempt at a transcript to ruminate over:

Mitchell Tinley, Market Herald: Here we are from the floor at MiningNews Select and Future Mining conferences. I'm here with Golden Mile Resources, Damon Dormer. Welcome.

Damon Dormer, Managing Director, Golden Mile Resources
    : Thank you very much.

Tinley
    : Now, you’ve had your presentation. First of all, how do you think it went, and what do you hope that everyone that walks away today …if they can only take one thing away from that presentation …what would it be?

Dormer
    : The simple thing they should take away is we're seeing a lot of potential upside in where we are, and that we’re on the cusp of going into our Scoping Study at Quicksilver.

Tinley
    : Can you give us a bit of an update on what's happening at Quicksilver.

Dormer
    : To start with, through the course of this year we've done an awful lot of work on Quicksilver as we've been driving it towards the Scoping Study we wish to move into. We've conducted a heap of geological work, a heap of metallurgical work. That work is telling us that this thing is behaving a bit differently to how it was originally thought of.

Which is good. In fact, it is really good!

We're seeing the potential for a lot more structural control - certainly around some high-grade zones - which could actually be within this ore body, which allows us to look at this thing in a much more mining-selective orientated manner.

And a really key highlight is we’re actually seeing a lot of nickel associated with vermiculite in this ore body, which puts on the table to us further secondary processing options to really look at extracting into a battery grade nickel for least one of our products streams.

That …high grade zones as well also lend themselves to effectively a DSO option to look at how we can partially self-fund this project when we get further along and towards construction.

Tinley
    : Now, these sorts of issues, not even hurdles but these sorts of things that pop up, are these things that you predict going in to these projects?

Dormer
    : One of the things that attracted me to Golden Mile before I took the role of CEO then, and now MD, onboard, was that it was looking a bit different. The picture I like to paint around this is …you think about a value-proposition, right, we talk about a typical nickel deposit or a typical gold deposit, and people know what that means.

But if you come across something that is a very different - and to be honest quite rare - and I'll give an example: so the high-grade nickel vermiculite we see, we see in one other mine in Brazil. We haven't seen any one in Australia. We haven't seen …we’ve done a lot of literature research - doesn't mean we might not have missed something - but it's rare what we’re seeing.

And if you develop a recipe on how to identify these types of deposit, they might not actually be so rare. So then you end up with a great piece of business leverage to then replicate …to identify, replicate and grow the business.

Tinley
    : If I’m an investor, what can I be excited about when it comes to Golden Mile Resources and what you guys have planned for the future?

Dormer
    : So even just looking at the next to two to three months we've got a lot of a assay work still to come in. We've got a lot of metallurgical test work coming through. And then obviously as we are we having a lot of analytical work done around all this, so we want to look to see what this ore body really turns into. And then obviously moving into our Scoping Study.

But in addition to that, we're also currently drilling out at Yuinmery, our program there, as well as the soil sample program that we’ll be doing on the back of the drill program. We will have a lot more information coming through on Yuinmery as the results come in there. And then, you know, what we look at doing next and everything else around that.So even in that short term, the news flow is very strong.

Tinley
    : Well, Damon, thank you so much for your time.

Dormer
    : No worries. Thanks very much.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G88 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.