MGU 0.00% 1.3¢ magnum mining and exploration limited

Yes, given that the metallurgical test work reported Tuesday...

1. 4,056 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 953

Yes, given that the metallurgical test work reported Tuesday largely replicated and confirmed earlier studies which similarly demonstrated high-grade, low impurity product from coarse grind (though perhaps not to DRI-grade level), and the likely efficacy of dry processing at Buena Vista, watching this brief The Watchlist interview with Neil is nevertheless worthwhile, because as you say, Sketchy, it reinforces that the samples have been produced specifically for Mitsubishi - to assess actual concentrate quality in pursuit of off-take.

Plainly plenty more going on besides:

Keely Lynch, The Watchlist: Magnum Mining and Exploration has completed metallurgical test work on a bulk magnetite sample from its Buena Vista iron project confirming high-grade products. To discuss, I'm joined by the Company's Managing Director, Neil Goodman. Welcome, Neil. Tell us about the results.

Neil Goodman, MD Magnum Mining and Exploration
    : So these results, they prove what we already thought - that the Buena Vista ore can be concentrated to DRI grade concentrate by simple grinding and magnetic separation. There is a potential to reduce impurities even lower by adding a flotation circuit.

Lynch: And Neil, what do these results mean for the Buena Vista project?

Goodman: So this means that we now have a couple of hundred kilos of actual concentrate to send to potential clients for testing to make DRI. So this was a requirement that Mitsubishi gave us. This'll allow them to give us an off-take agreement, once the clients are satisfied with the actual quality.

Lynch: Now Neil, some may see this as a shift in focus from the recent news-flow surrounding the Saudi HIsmelt facility. What do you have to say to this?

Goodman: it's not really a shift. So this is the result of work that our Nevada team has done over the last six months. The Board has been focused on the Saudi project, and it is our priority. But we're capable of pursuing several activities simultaneously, and we’re pursuing this - the Board - and other Green projects around the world.

Lynch: And lastly, Neil, what’s on the horizon for Magnum?

Goodman: What’s on the horizon, I think as we said during the AGM, we’re focusing on Biochar. Should be getting an agreement fairly soon on that. We're progressing with the investors in Saudi Arabia. I'll be heading back to Saudi Arabia again probably the end of this month, hopefully to finalise investments. Everything's going on. As I said, other Green projects potentially, and other regions we're looking at. So a lot going on, plenty of irons in the fire.

Lynch: Well thank you so much for joining us today. Neil Goodman from Magnum Mining and Exploration, we look forward to speaking again soon.

Goodman: Thank you.

Last edited by Nowhere Man: 06/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $10.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.3¢ $5.864K 451.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 2427194 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 90467 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.14pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.