RCE 6.86% 54.5¢ recce pharmaceuticals ltd

[INTERVIEW] Recce gearing up for Indonesian trials, page-41

1. 2,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2636
    I assume you have not watched this video. I suggest you do. It is a good interview.

It was my personal observation that "I was interested to note that Recce tries to avoid administering the drug orally to avoid annihilating the gut microbiome."

While it was my observation I think it is implicit in what is being said. If I understand the situation correctly the compound in R327 / 529 has the potential to annihilate any and every bacteria that is exposed to it via its unique mode of action. I believe it is now generally understood that it is not a good idea to kill every bug in your gut, because many have been recruited and welcomed by the human body because of the beneficial roles they play there. Graham points out that every species in a bacterial ecosystem that is killed leaves an opportunity for less beneficial species to multiply to snatch their niche. This is recognised as one of several bad consequence of taking oral antibiotics generally. (Hence the burgeoning probiotics industry.)

Watch from 15:00 - ~19:00, then from 31:18 - 32:37, 34:27 - 37:00. Graham talks around this issue.

My observation was that the modes of administration are clearly being selected with all these points in mind. Graham sees R327 / 529 as a tool largely for preventing bad bugs in the blood and urine etc, i.e. sepsis and UTI, where they are never welcome.

Please explain which parts of this, both what Graham says and the conclusions I have drawn from that, are rubbish, and why. I am always eager to learn what I have understood incorrectly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RCE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
54.5¢
Change
0.035(6.86%)
Mkt cap ! $126.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.0¢ 55.0¢ 51.0¢ $167.8K 316.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 317 53.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
54.5¢ 4099 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RCE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.