Interview With Great Lakes CEO Paul Gorman, page-2

1. 6,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    This is an interesting interview.
    This company has decided to walk before it runs.
    Might be a good strategy or it might leave them out in the cold if demand comes quicker than they expect?

To say that it's unsure where the lithium ion industry will be in the next 5 to 10 years is Probably not being realistic. There seems to be no doubt where it will be, although I have had doubts in the past, from reading many articles and watching/listening to experts the general concensus seems that it's the way forward for some time to come and the replacement of it will more than likely be "it" modified in some way, perhaps with silicon. There doesn't seem to be any groundbreaking alternative on the horizon just yet and when one come I'm sure it will take a number of years to get it downpat and then many more to make it commercially viable as a mainstream alternative. Given the power of the auto industry and the reluctance for change, I would think manufacturers can lock in supply contracts for a number of years 5-10 and make it viable financially. The fact that some potential graphite producers will have the capex returned within a couple of years at full production, maybe add another couple at less than full then this walk before you run scenario shouldn't be an issue to holding them back as producers, once other factors such as demand, product quality to end user requirements and of course price among other things are met by these companies........

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.