NC1 6.67% 14.0¢ nico resources limited

FK has been hired by Newmont, Wyloo, Havilah and others, plus he...

1. 2,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7920
    FK has been hired by Newmont, Wyloo, Havilah and others, plus he has tried the entrepreneurial route after a 'gap' year. First 10 minutes of the talk.

Does not prove the level of experience is enough but to be employed by the people of those companies show they recognized potential to send him to the Tanami as a student. IMO this is a great way for a student to grow quickly with exposure to good mentors, interesting geology, and a range of mining styles. [Sour grapes from me who worked on wheat bins in WA during my down time. Realising only later an opportunity missed c'est la vie and it has been a fun one wandering the world with geology and not having the kind of headaches (challenges) someone like FK has/will have.]

Havilah would have been an excellent company to work at the beginning of a career IMO. Multi commodity, exploration and mine development. OZL recently picked up the Kalkaroo project FK mentioned only to disappear into BHP. Will be interesting to see what happens to it and NB under new stewardship.

Working for Millenium may not have been as successful but it could be a very important lesson in what can go wrong if some assumptions are out of whack.

Wyloo for 4 years. Andrew Forrest vehicle that shows up spending hundreds of millions in Ontario going head to head with BHP and "winning", more in Labrador, and generally aggressive towards a green future. Perhaps a potential connection for NC1 in the future?

Were the questions in this 'interview' scripted? Many would have been predictable.

Chatting to various people at the recent resurgence conference I could imagine most there would give similar answers especially when dealing with projects they are working on. It is what you are paid to do and for many it is what they like to do. Certainly was for me and still is with HC providing a forum to share and follow.

========================
    I worked for INCO at the start of my career. It no longer exists having gone the way of Millenium with poor decisions made after dominating the Ni scene for some 60+ years last century. Some very capable people who ultimately got it wrong and ended up being taken out by Vale.

NC1 have a deposit found by INCO some 75 years ago that may be in the initial stages of becoming a mine. Never easy with timing a critical issue. IMO worth a punt. Good to have you on board @icecream I suspect FK has the experience needed even if he is ancient by comparison with Mozart, Zuckerberg, Jobs....etc. It is a team with some competent folks on board. No certainties with a project to build beyond the black stump.

Last edited by salpetie: 05/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NC1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
-0.010(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $15.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.5¢ 14.0¢ $4.494K 32.09K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 51588 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.22am 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
14.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
14.0¢ 14.0¢ 14.0¢ 3000
Last updated 11.57am 14/06/2024 ?
NC1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.