AVR 1.84% $21.30 anteris technologies ltd

I don't understand this. Why sell for 2-5% of its value? If...

1. 285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    I don't understand this. Why sell for 2-5% of its value? If you share the conviction that we are best in market, then we will absolutely steal market share and our valuation will go way higher. I reckon hold tight, go it alone, at least for a time, and make 'em pay much closer to the real value. I think much of the value will emerge in less than 5 years.

If we are making big hairy crazy statements this weekend, then for fun here's mine: Edwards are toast. They're almost a mono line business, the time to take us out was ages ago, as a defensive measure if nothing else. The more they're willing to pay, the more they're saying we will win and the more confident they are that they're toast. They'll be be paying a higher and higher % of their MC just to keep their MC. Their shareholders will be diluted to oblivion. It makes no sense for us either, we will be sharing the value of the business we already own with all the EW holders but not picking up access to other revenue lines. Dumb, be better to keep the value we already have to ourselves than share it. The best offer would come from someone outside the 2 market leaders buying in, because they're not cannibalising their own business and shareholders.

Comes down to your conviction about what we have. I think we are a market leader in the making, so won't be selling anytime soon. As I said the other day, if I had the resources of an institution, I'd double down on the market disruption and short EW and go long AVR. Twice the profit from the one event.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.30
Change
-0.400(1.84%)
Mkt cap ! $409.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.46 $21.50 $21.15 $56.44K 2.653K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 51 $21.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.42 10 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$21.31
  Change
-0.400 ( 0.37 %)
Open High Low Volume
$21.49 $21.50 $21.29 203
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.