AVR 1.84% $21.30 anteris technologies ltd

In the end whether we are bought out or go it alone will depend...

1. 285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    In the end whether we are bought out or go it alone will depend on shareholders, not Wayne. Hence why the company is educating shareholders on the value of the opportunity. The bigger payoff is by far going it alone, by far. Why sell for a few billion when you have product that will be valued in the10's of billions in a few years? The question for shareholders on this is "can we execute?". In the US there's something like 20 centres that are key to that market. We would have access to all of them via the Ad Board and other pre-marketing activities. So... it is more than feasible to do (ie it's logistically easy, we don't have to cover 1000s of locations and providers, and we have them all covered), we have the most compelling product that leaves the competition dead, and the company is highlighting the excitement and interest of the medical community over and over again - meaning demand is already building. In my opinion we are absolutely going to take market share and it will happen very quickly.

To me that means the question shareholders need to think about is, when an offer comes in from a major (and I think it likely will at some point), why will you sell to them? If they offer $5b or $10b, it is bleeding obvious it is worth a lot more than that to them. Why would you give it to them?

The time for a major to take us out was ages ago. Any offer they make just confirms the confidence in AVR pulling this off, and the higher their offer the higher the confidence we are going to win. If I was an insto shareholder, I would be going long on AVR and shorting EW. Back the horse that is going to win, and double dip on the disruption. They will be in survival mode. If they can't win a bid to acquire us the only thing left to them is slash their prices, so their MC will decline anyway. DurAVR will need to compete, but we are more efficient and cheaper for centres to use (less sutures/prep time/people needed in the operating theatre). We will win. It will be fascinating to watch when the MC transfer begins (we go up and at the majors go down). So don't sell cheap. And yes, in my opinion, even though $10b translates into an amazing share price it is still cheap.

Good luck all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.30
Change
-0.400(1.84%)
Mkt cap ! $409.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.46 $21.50 $21.15 $56.44K 2.653K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 51 $21.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.42 10 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$21.31
  Change
-0.400 ( 0.37 %)
Open High Low Volume
$21.49 $21.50 $21.29 203
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.