AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

Into 2016 and beyond

1. 1,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 623
    Into 2016 and beyond.

In opinion:
    Upside for demand set to increase in 2016?
    - China stimulus and policies imminent injecting life into its beloved property sector and infrastructure in 2016 with a focus of maintaining around 7% growth. Is demand set to increase? Quite possibly.
    - Thailand's massive stimulus for 2016 worth 1.796 trillion baht. Mega Infrastructure include 10 mass-transit routes in Bangkok, railway double-tracking, and major highways. Targeting 3-4% growth next year.
    - India will grow at 8-10% per year. It's vision of building 100 new mega cities has begun.
    - Africa next?
    - Global growth coming out of slumber. US and UK on rise.

Previously forecasted supply numbers overblown? and set to be reduced by majors and China? In opinion possible reasons:
    - Potential Brazil payout from Vale and Bhp? Time to cut higher cost supply to focus on bigger profits boosting IO price?
    - With frozen Brazilian assets of Vale and BHP, hasn't 30 million tonnes officially come out of the market?
    - Will further supply from Vale now slow in Brazil as per above?
    - Given talks of China planning cuts to Copper. Is Chinese IO next?Update imminent?
    - Will the 'all in cost' per tonne go up for Vale and BHP now that they have to factor Brazil clean up costs?
    - Will future mining in Brazil be more governed and safely conscious restricting the future expansion strategies in Brazil?
    - Will Vales new 90mt mine be delayed at all from these unfortunate events?
    - Vales new S11D mine starts 2016 then ramps up to 90mt by 2017-2018. By then isn't it progressively replacing its own costly tonnes towards 2018 which would effectively cancel the bearish overreaction of 90 extra tonnes to the market? By 2018 isn't IO meant to have already recovered? India would of built half its cities by then..... Sounds like a bearish fizzer to me.....
    - Will multinational shareholders be happy with cut dividends and continued paper losses? Doubt it.....
    - Why haven't certain analysts announced to the world what IO tonnes have already come out of the market with a detailed global breakdown? Isn't that what they are meant to provide as analysts?

Merry Xmas to all patient holders of Aussie miners FMG, BCI and Atlas Iron and to all HC posters who have contributed their thoughts over these extreme bearish times.
    I'm sure 2016 will be a better year for all holders.

Well done Atlas in proposing restructuring to survive another day with the death card off the table and allowing costs to continue falling. Yes there is significant dilution, but as a LT supporting shareholder I would rather be holding partial shares in a company (with the wide support it now has) which will now be able to keep operational and capitalise on a IO turnaround rather than nothing. Keep driving those costs down.
    As soon as IO recovers, hedge again to mitigate risk, pay off debt quickly and then start the slow journey back from near death strengthening its balance sheet and share register bringing confidence back. Great work DF and co.
    I have the feeling our new shareholders will pump the hell out of Atlas once IO rises as it will be a cash cow for all to milk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.