"the accumulated plunder returned to the people"I have heard...

1. 461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    "the accumulated plunder returned to the people"
    I have heard this often from those with lofty ideals but find that they never thought to question the ramifications in practice.
    e.g.
    How do we know that the people it was stolen from did not steal it from others?
    What if the people we distribute it to use it to fund extremism or spend the money in a way that enriches the country's enemies?
    Assuming some people "rightfully" receive it, what happens to their opportunity cost? Is it written off?
    How about the wonderful modern life afforded to all these people due to the sum of the past events, does it warrant a lesser payment?
    Since there are many blanks in history, what happens when new information arises that indicates an over/underpayment? How is it rectified when all the money has already been spent?

There was one case where a government decided to take agriculture lands from the rich, carve them up into smaller lots and distribute it to the poor with the notion that the poor could tend to their own farms. In a matter of time, the poor got drunk on their new found wealth, exhausted the resources given to them and were soon asking their old bosses for help with running their farms. It ended up being a huge blunder.

I disagree with handing back what was gained through the means of the day.
    The better team won, if you hand the spoils to the losers, they will only lose it again to the next enemy waiting in line.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.