Considering that humans are thought to have originated from...

1. 461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Considering that humans are thought to have originated from Africa, have you ever questioned "the oldest culture" narrative?
    For example "Many Khoesān peoples are the direct descendants of a very early dispersal of anatomically modern humans to Southern Africa before 150,000 years ago.".

I found that the source of the narrative is this paper:
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21940856/

Note that the Abstract states "Our findings support the hypothesis that present-day Aboriginal Australians descend from the earliest humans to occupy Australia, likely representing one of the oldest continuous populations outside Africa."

I think the SBS and ABC are grasping at straws to promote indigenous people as "the first scientists" etc.. - it all comes across as condescending and infantile, especially when the evidence suggests that maybe they should be celebrating certain African cultures instead.

Besides, it is arrogant to think people will suddenly like others due to advertisements akin to wearing a "Please like me" sign on their chest.
    In my book, respect is earned, it does not matter what your background or sex is.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.