CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Thanks Daniel for starting off a new thread, one which I had...

1. 1,218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 637
    Thanks Daniel for starting off a new thread, one which I had hoped would bring forth some well-reasoned thoughts and arguments, whichever side of the fence the posters might sit. I believe that you put a lot of thought into your posts, and you come across as being a genuine individual who posts what he truly thinks.

Unfortunately, it looks like the thread is going to attract the usual unsubstantiated nonsensical comments which are usually an indication of an individual's success or failure as an investor, or perhaps an indication of whether or not they have had a satisfactory bowel movement in the last few days.

The reality is that nobody, repeat nobody, knows the true value of any of the Australian cannabis/hemp companies, because this is a new industry (actually two completely separate new industries) with a set of new players, and with no track record for the industries or the players involved. So everybody involved is making a series of guesses based on the very limited information available.

Those who put forward the pedantic argument that hemp food has not been only recently legalised ignore the reality that prior to November last year, hemp products could not be marketed as food, and we have probably all seen hemp products for sale in retail outlets bearing the statement "Not for human consumption". So let's be realistic, hemp foods IS a new industry, and I believe that the potential is far greater than we currently realise. And the potential for hemp industrial uses is possibly even greater.

The share prices and market caps of the cannabis/hemp companies currently listed on the ASX do not appear to in any way reflect the true comparative value of those companies based on important metrics such as licences held, cultivation and research facilities owned and either operational or start-up ready, seed bank holdings (quantity, quality, number of varieties), experienced cannabis/hemp managers and operating personnel, marketing and distribution networks in place and operational, joint ventures and partnerships already established, level of access to the intellectual property and products of overseas companies, etc..

From my research into these ASX-listed companies, I believe that QBL has more bases covered than any other company, and is positioned to move ahead and establish a substantial market share ahead of its competitors. QBL also has the benefit of having both a hemp division and a cannabis division, something which few companies in Australia or overseas can claim, and the hemp division is already producing revenue.

So I'm putting aside the minor grumbles which I've had about the way QBL have gone about building this potentially highly successful consortium of businesses, and acknowledging that overall they have done an amazingly good job to provide investors with a great opportunity. As with all start-up companies and industries there is a risk, but as far as I can see the potential rewards here far outweigh the risks. If the directors and management personnel make a lot of money out of QBL's growth and performance, that's fine by me, and I think that the shareholders who go along for the ride will be well rewarded.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.