investing for your kids long term

1. 576 Posts.

Wealthcreator you got me thinking i'm in the same boat

Weathcreator "Take the time and learn, it's extremely rewarding, teach your children perhaps the most important skill in life - money management, delay gratification, goal setting/achieving."
    And "I intend to clone out family fund in due course due to a third daughter arriving on the scene (meant in the nicest possible way) and setting up a fund for our three daughters from very early in their life."

I'm doing the same thing, i intend to have my kids clued up on finances & investing before they leave home with a nice 18 yr nest egg.

here are some scenarios i am employing to set them up in life, feel free to add anyone even you lindso (as long as its free) or tell me were i'm wrong

an old strategy using compounding every year a dollar per age per week $1 per week for a one year produces $52 $5 for a five year old $260 for the year etc all the way to 18, and if your finances allow a dollar/age amount per day for the year, maybe start that one young and revert to weekly as they are older. a LT plan easy to implement do the figures yourselves

The problem when they are young is you have to pay tax on your or the wife's income, So be it pay it

Every cheque from family goes into account instead of toys (you just take a picture of something he has & everyone is happy)

My commsec account is linked to my sons trust account his account has no fees & a high interest rate perfect for sitting money until he has enough for daddy to purchase shares in his trust account, a higher interest than a kids saving account5% compared to .5%.

from birth to 18 compounding its a great strategy

Look forward to others ideas

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.