AJX 0.00% 1.3¢ alexium international group limited

Investing in AJX and it's like, page-19

1. 86,886 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning all, hi toxxic,

good post. Couple of points.

"You must have the mental awareness to change your point of view if things change...and they can change quite rapidly. "

Very true - and have the guts to cut a loss at any point.

"HC is literally riddled with examples of people who have fallen in love with a company and completely and utterly lost everything because they failed to change their viewpoint with a change in fundamentals of that company."

Changes in fundamentals are often not clear cut - that is one problem. You can have something that happens that is the result of 'just timing' - which can be overlooked if that is what it is.
    If you get it wrong - it's a real problem though -------- ?? was it Jamie Packer or Lachlan Murdock and One Tel ---------- something like 'it's just a timing thing'.

"To be a successful investor, especially in the specs and emerging company space, you've gottamaintain a healthy dose of skepticism."

Whilst that is also true - the biggest problem I see in investing in a business is that people run it.

Above all the risks that we look at - this risk is the least looked at - but, is in fact the biggest risk of all.

Being skeptical is very much a double edged sword.

I used to be very skeptical. In fact, I used to start people off at zero and hope that they impressed me. I took everything they said with a very large dose of salt.

In short - I was a glass half empty person - for a long time.

The results were - that I found what I was looking for and expected - and, had the returns to match.

After many years and meeting a lot of people at many levels in society ------ I stepped aside from that viewpoint and decided to look at it differently.

One experience above all else sticks in my memory - and, it came from a Yank mate of mine who I loved and respected a great deal.
    Although he didn't say it because he was very well mannered - he knew that I had skills that he admired greatly - my networking amazed him and what information I could get in minutes that he was unable to get in years --------------- but, as far as my attitude went - I think he thought that I was stuffed in the head.

And, I now believe - he was right.

He taught me this ------

"Trust everyone, but, cut the deck"

It took a long time for that to get through my thick skull - but, eventually, it got in.

I changed and I then met everyone and took it on face value that they were good people with honorable interests.

If things went south after that - fine, cut and run.

The point is - that if we have 'expectations' - then, in general - we get them. If we search for something - then, we will find it.

Someone bought up fml the other day in regard to my belief in it ----------- well, with FML, it is shaping up as the best deal I have ever done.

I lost almost a mil. on FML - and, of course I wasn't thrilled to bits about it - nor was Parsifal.

However - that was the greatest gift - proving that one should never judge the race until it is finished.

I had been a pretty good stockpicker for quite a while - I had a lot of really good picks and several not so good.

FML and NEA really cemented that I had something that was working really really well - and something that was working really badly - the trick was - how the hell did I sort out what was what.

Luckily I had had the purrs idea for many years - and, it was just by sheer coincidence that we found someone who I trusted at that very moment in history who had the skills and the time opportunity etc. to build it.

What happened was that Purrs showed me exactly and precisely where I had got it wrong - and where I had got it right.

If I hadn't have had the loss on fml - and or the timing of relationships were different - it more than likely would not have happened. And, most certainly - if FML had been a win for me - I know it wouldn't have happened at all.

Being skeptical is a very powerful thing - and, sometimes it is a very good thing - but, it is also a very dangerous thing - and can bring you into a mental state that is most definitely NOT conducive to building great wealth.

What I find is a big problem is when one has large positions in a company - by large, I mean a relative thing - so, if you want to exit your whole position - you can't just push the button - or you would devastate the price.

The problem is when you 'sense' that something is wrong - first thing you do is to try and nut out what exactly is wrong - and, it is probably easy if you can see it - but, it becomes harder if you can't - or even if you can - but, you think you have some leeway timewise and think you can get out at such and such - the lesson I have learned is really to get out straight away.
    The other lesson I have learnt is to look back --------- don't just dump a stock and write it off.
    Why?

Because if your research showed you that the stock is good and you were in - but, something went wrong and you got out ---------------- someone might fix what was wrong - and the stock recovers.
    If you have turned away - you lose interest and you lose your contact with what is going on - often at great potential loss.

So far - AJX has only given me one heart attack - and, that was cleared up quickly - (that was when there was talk of Nick devoting time to another company).

Hopefully the wheels keep turning. And, hopefully all our problems (which are always present) - are to do with the rate of growth.

2016 is really going to test how AJX is set up but, I expect the team will be able to manage all of those problems that one gets in a rapid growth company.

have a great day.

Pinto

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.46M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 42000 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 11400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.