Hi Zeta JonesYou say long term for your own use. So you have two...

1. 25,546 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Hi Zeta Jones

You say long term for your own use. So you have two requirements

First rental prospects in the short term
    For your own use in the long term
    These are two different scenarios

As to the commercial market IMO it still can go a long way down, every day I receive financial newsletters from around the world with each one worse than the last, the share market is certainly not healthy, the banks are not healthy, the state on the government and Australia's financial future is not healthy.

Now these may be scaremongering but they keep coming so is the risk worth it at the moment. I have been involved in the building industry for a lot of years and there is one thing that is certain "the bargain of the century will be repeated next week"

Do you have long term reliable tenants for the short term, remembering that with commercial tenants when business is bad you have NO rent when housing is bad you get poor rent but you still get rent, I know around my area there are empty shops and buildings everwhere. But there are always other people making wads of money

Calculate the lowest rent for that area and capitalize that at 6% as a purchase price of the property. With commercial property there is no heart involved just the bottom line
    These are just my personal views. DYOR carefully Good luck

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.