investing in mining towns, page-17

1. 3 Posts.
    Hi Nice One

I work in Karratha on a very regular basis since 2006 and I would not say house prices are in free fall with no one to rent them. In fact probably the opposite.

Still a shortage of land to build new houses, and not enough rentals to enable companies to hire more staff.

Rental vacancies do go up a bit over the christmas new year period due to people leaving town etc,but a soon as the holidays are over rentals become very tight again.

I do not own a property there I do not have a spare $700-800K. I do work with people who live and work there and have bought and sold a few houses, they are telling me a different story from what your friend is telling you.

Tex3 before you invest in any of the resource towns probably best you look at them first, if you get serious.

The pilbra in general is getting money thrown at it by the WA govt especially Karratha. There is some very big gas projects starting with more multi billion dollar projects to come. You probably know this already.

Kipper

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.