CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

investing in ucg boom

1. 38 Posts.
    Don't see this discussed much, but it is not at all obvious to me how to make money off the coming UCG boom. No company has a lock on UCG technology. And there is tons of stranded coal out there. There don't seem to be any serious barriers to entry in this business. Before we know it, every CSG company could be jumping in. Maybe the best strategy is to just hold cheap stocks like Cougar and wait for the general enthusiasm to push up the price of any company involved in UCG. That strategy worked great for the internet bubble.

Kind of thinking the best strategy might be to buy the companies with huge stranded coal reserves like CTP or Liberty. Really like Linc's huge land positions in Wyoming (USA) and South Australia, but Linc seems absurdly over valued. How can a company with nothing but a bunch of undeveloped coal depostis be worth $800 million? I must be missing something.

Cougar seems like a reasonable bet, since it is cheap, and Len Walker and Ergo have valuable experience and expertise. I can see lots of companies wanting to partner with them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.