pumpkinheadi like where you are going with this, water scarcity...

1. 103 Posts.
    pumpkinhead

i like where you are going with this, water scarcity in the not too distant future (and now really) will lead to great investment opportunities. only reason i had not started looking into water is a doco i saw about privatised water in argentina, south africa and india- buenos aires water now really expensive after it sold off to a french company (veolia?) and there is quite the political swell to renationalise it. south africa has a dutch company bringing water pipes to villages with coin-op pumps, but in the land where the ANC promised the bantu all houses before coming to power this paying at all for water has attracted sabotage. and in india watertrucks are getting hijacked and folks are dying by the day in crushes surrounding pumps.

i guess the world over folks have the inherited culture of water as a right and a public good, it will take more crises to move them from this mindset. in australia, public water corporations get fleeced by state govts for dividends more often than they invest enough into new infrastructure (even in water-enlightened WA).

i'm a fan of your work, particularly trying to hose down the coal-to-liquids crowd (its a thankless job trying to temper greed). i couldn't go far enough back to your comments about ADY and upon your suggestion checked out GXY, but the mine life of 10-20 years in remotest WA compared to what 100-150 years in argentina moved me back to ADY.

still- thanks to you and shasta i think i will look into those further. hows about we keep this thread alive. if i find any other plays out there i'll post them here also.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.