shastaenergy and alternative energy as your core focus, its a...

1. 103 Posts.
    shasta

energy and alternative energy as your core focus, its a good focus. i cannot credit who i heard this from, an analyst at a wall street or city of london bank, described the world now as either long or short on energy, that everything is an energy play. daily reckoning went one further and said the smart money was in oil 2 years ago, getting in now means you just fuel the bubble and may well suffer when it bursts, but the smart money is moving onto alterntive energy.

i've never liked resource stocks, the whole "we don't do dividends" thing rankled. but given the way the world has become and australia's time in the sun, its kinda necessary now, the mobs paying divs will eclipse.

while i have not started to delve into water/environmental yet, i have got the following either in holdings or on watchlist:

i got PEV, seem to have enviro technologies research going on but in the background now to their 'clay' mining (for lack of a better way to put it)

ADY- for the lithium for cars, you got it also (i love the keystone cops management and posters here bitching about it- what sort of idiot orders the wrong size crusher?)

CNM does sound good, the more i read of the ceto technology the more i like it compared to the hotrocks of GDY/PTR- the sea is so accessible to current world populations, whereas the whole drilling down a few kms to inject water and hope its a closed system that will stay hot just doesn't sit right. ceto i believe was designed originally to pump water ashore by concentrating/coralling the kinetic energy inherent in the oceans, it seems so much easier.

MBT- yes, biodiesel, but not as evil as one first thinks (and the only australian biodiesel group not belly up at the mo, though they aint going gangbusters yet). they have jatropha being grown under contract on marginal hillsides in india (the plant itself is good for erosion control), i have convinced myself they are not knocking down virgin rainforest to grow it like palm oil. the plant is toxic, bad for workers' health, but moves are afoot to mitigate this (like getting gloves to the field workers...)

better than jatropha for biodiesel would be algae, if it ever gets up. one of the closest in the world to this is a marlborough NZ company called aquaflow bionomics http://www.aquaflowgroup.com/pressroom.html (seems to be some kind of half private half public company). algae bloom in sewage farms, they scoop em up and (hopefully) half their bodyweight is an oil pretty similar to texas tea.

DYE- i ditched it, i love that an aussie company could have been a force in solar, just too much competition will come from japan and europe (and even bits from china and america), even in their dye for low light area.

as you can see shasta i've only gone as far as the headline acts

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.