ATP 4.55% 10.5¢ atlas pearls ltd

investment case

1. 3,988 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 425
    Main trends :
    . + 50 % for pearls production since FY17. Steady increase except in 2020 (flat),
    . - 27 % for operating expenses since FY 17.
    . since FY 21 : price increase.
    This last element (together with quality production improvement) had a large impact on gross margin which increased from 38 % in FY 20 to 54.1 % in FY 21.

These trends are explained by several elements :
    - internal hard work to decrease the costs and improve the quality of production,
    - probably some luck as they were forced to rethink their distribution, following covid (online auctions allow them to sell at higher prices),
    - improvement of market conditions.

Difficult to know if the impact of these trends had already a full impact.
    It seems to me that they still have some room to do more sales online, as they just represented 18 % of their FY 21 sales. So, they can probably improve further their margins thanks to a pricing effect.

All these improvements had already a large effect on their earnings, with a free cash flow of 3.3 m during H1 22, which represents 20 % of their Enterprise Value (just for one half of the year).
    The company has also turned net cash (of 1.8 m) in Dec 21.

Regarding the risks, I see 2 main ones :
    - microcap, so can be severely affected in case of market correction (but the market can also appreciate their free cash flow yield of around 40 %),
    - exposure to natural disasters as all their oyster farms are located in Indonesia.
    If I am not wrong, the last major natural disaster affecting them was a volcano eruption in Dec 20 near one of their 2 hatchery locations. At the end, it seemed to have had a limited impact on the company. So their geographic diversification (7 farms) seems to help them with this risk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
-0.005(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $45.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 10.5¢ $18.85K 175.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 232008 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.05pm 23/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.