WAM 1.00% $1.49 wam capital limited

Zxc, i raise a couple of points for consideration. Firstly, i...

1. 4,650 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374

Zxc, i raise a couple of points for consideration.
    Firstly, i dont know your age, but you should investigate the possibility, feasability and practicability of contributing to super - seek an accountants advice re this.

The second piece of advice is take your time. We are in uncertain and “toppy” times re the stock market, not overbought in my opinion, but relatively high. You would be wise to expect a correction “around” 2020. It is a stock Pickers market at the moment with a lot of expectations built into emerging companies which may or may not be realised. You can see the likes of AGL, Amcor and Ramsay Health (all good companies) at a fairly low price... and certain other companies such as BIG, virtually going to the wall.
    There are a number of LICs at quite a discount to NAV at the moment, some for good reasons and some for none ! There are opportunities in the LIC area in terms of dividends and capital gains with as you have mentioned good managers like Geoff Wilson, but even investing in a Wilson Fund, it pays to time your entry.
    If you havent already, get your free version of Incredible Charts.com and enter a watchlist of stocks. Incredible charts doesnt work on ipads, but does an excellent job on desktops.
    An investment in the new Wilson overseas fund may be some good exposure to overseas equities.

Good luck with your process; it SHOULD be a daunting process to invest that sum in the right proportions and in the right shares. Dont rush, choose wisely and dont forget that every investment will not be a winner.
    If something is going down, make sure you set a stop loss and dont ride it to the bottom.

Best wishes on your adventure, and happy to provide an opinion if you want to float questions on the forum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.49
Change
-0.015(1.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.649B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.50 $1.50 $1.49 $1.036M 694.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7941 $1.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.50 39825 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.49
  Change
-0.015 ( 0.65 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.50 $1.50 $1.49 274609
Last updated 15.57pm 26/04/2024 ?
WAM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.