WAM 0.34% $1.50 wam capital limited

@Zxc ... how long is a piece of string (re your asset...

1. 4,644 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 373

@Zxc ... how long is a piece of string (re your asset diversification) ? Its too complex to give you an answer and I recommend you visit a financial advisor or at the very least your accountant for SOME form of advice. Without knowing your age or earning capacity, its difficult to know, but I will tell you what I have done as an example of my experience. I have only ever been a wage earner, being for the majority of my employment in Defence. Whilst I was earning a wage, I purchased rental properties and considered them as being “superannuation outside superannuation”. All of them were negatively geared using P and I loans. I do not like IO loans. Besides on a P and I loan, most of the repayment up front is interest anyway ! I am now retired and currently have 9 rentals.
    I also have my own SMSF (predominantly in equities). I am fairly handy regarding property but have only one son who is not interested in property whatsoever and is not handy in that regard. My thoughts are that in the coming years, to sell one rental property per year but to reinvest the proceeds in a spread of REITs to bring in a half yearly or quarterly income (which is important but not THE most important) but to ensure that I continue to have an interest in property and that I can hopefully pick up any capital appreciation in the property area. I would think that even if you had a spread of REITs that given a significant stockmarket correction, whether deserved or not, REITs also would fall to a degree. So for me, in the early days, negatively geared property, renovated by me, was a great way of wealth building, but that depends on your skill level and earning capacity. I would have loved to hand over to my son, a number of fully owned rental properties so that he could wealth build on those, but unfortunately, he shows absolutely no aptitude in that area......disappointing ! So my initial plan has required amendment and my thoughts are to gradually sell out of residential property in a large regional city in NSW, and spread the proceeds into a range of REITs. Re your home, I would consider that as an investment in your future happiness, not as an investment. After all, in every stage of your life, you will need to live somewhere and have a roof over your head.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.50
Change
0.005(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $1.654B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.50 $1.50 $1.49 $359.3K 240.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 86148 $1.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.50 72005 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.23am 24/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.50
  Change
0.005 ( 0.51 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.50 $1.50 $1.49 142060
Last updated 11.36am 24/04/2024 ?
WAM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.