investment property, page-5

1. 17,117 Posts.
    my understanding is people are usually comfortable investing in their own suburb, rather than another. excuse is they can keep an eye on it...fair enuff..........but most of us know the inner suburbs are usually the very best investments............
    I wondered why you would choose traralgon ???? do you live nearby etc ??? then I checked it out briefly, population of 70,000 with about 300 homes for sale which seem a lot.......then I compared it to Albury............population about 100,000 and about 300 props for sale............most under the magical 300,000 figure (which my agent tells me is the figure the first home buyers will go to )most agents used to have on average about 10 homes for sale each week....apart from the multinationals who always have hundreds............one agent used to have at best 5, now they have 41.....???

wondering what percent of the population moves home...........hear some figures years ago about some people move every 5 years, but that is a small percent....most people I know stay forever...........like me
    so would 1% of the albury population of 100,000 be sellers for other reasons = 1000 homes, or half of that .05% move on a regular basis = 500 homes in a year
    what I like about realestate site is they now list sold homes...........so if you are looking to buy or sell, some agents seem more successful than others.............but at what price.......
    oh and there are roughly 200 rental props available
    cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.