MBP 3.23% 3.0¢ metabolic pharmaceuticals limited

investor indifference

1. 5,262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244
    I admit to being perplexed. I had anticipated that at these volumes we would see a slow but persistent up trend. Insted, there is a slow but persistent sell off of Metabolic going on, flat in the face of an upcoming announcement that may well be a huge development for the company.

We all remember the undercurrent of doubt about AOD9604 going back to 2004 and earlier. There is no such negativism about ACV1. In fact the general consensus seems to be that in all likelihood the drug works as advertised.

So what's the problem? Why the investor indifference?

There is plenty of opportunistic buying at or below the market, but the persistent selling is weighing down the stock. The only thing that will ignite this stock ahead of the announcement is aggressive speculative buying in quantity and it isn't materializing. Or a drying up of the selling. Since I don't know what's behind the selling at these prices and at this time, I can't venture to guess when it might end.

I suppose that weakness might continue right up to the trading halt. I confess that this weakness makes me a bit nervous, but in the end it's where the stock goes AFTER the trial results are announced that interests me most.

So, the waiting continues.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.