AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Well.. that was an interesting update if I may say so. I'm not...

1. 170 Posts.
    Well.. that was an interesting update if I may say so. I'm not sure whose benefit it was for; mostly oure though probably many of the myriad mining analysts and writers who tour mines incessantly to get a measure of an operation. More updates like this would be good.

$50m.. at the top end of the scale for a 50tph plant but if this encompasses the mining operation too then it isn't out of sight.

Simon, sorry mate, that plant isn't 3 yrs old.. it's closer to 30. I doubt bare metal would rust that fast in 3 yrs unless there's a lot of salt water about (and some plants do run using salt water if that's all that's available as do many in WA). Also, no photo of the primary ball mill(s).. that teeny one in the picture is a regrind mill and probably used to regrind the Rougher Scav cons prior to refloating at the head of the circuit. I can't speak for the rest of the plant, however, that little ball mill hasn't run in a long long time, mb years. I've never seen a ball mill that rusty anywhere, not even in scrapyards or Old Timer museums. That Plant needs a LOT of work and I can understand why it's still being 'evaluated'.

Brazil is fast becoming a sensible country; it's GDP is greather than that of the UK. It will have a credible Department of Mines and an established set of Mine Regs. Like in Australia, every employer has a Duty of Care to ensure all employees have a safe working environment. Can you imagine the initial response of a group of Mines Inspectors approaching this plant, in this condition, prior to commissioning trials: not favourable.

If to be kept, all of the structural steelwork will have to be sandblasted and repainted: renewd/replaced where corroded through. All of the equipment will need to be shotblasted, patched where too thin, and repainted. Having stood idle for no small amount of time (this plant wasn't switched off yesterday but has been idle for a good 2-3 years, (possibly longer). Having been left out in all weathers for some time most of the motors will be shot or at least in need of serious overhaul (cheaper to replace).

Don't get me wrong, this plant could be used, however, it's far from plug & play condition and is going to take the amount of work I anticipated in my opening post of the scheduling thread a couple of weeks ago. I also have a horrible feeling that this was the most presentable angle from which to take a photograph. I suspect the crushing plant and primary ball mill have long since gone. What is there is probably salvageable but I wouldn't put it's current value at much higher than it's scrap value; $500,000 tops and it'll need the better part of $2-3m of refurbishment possibly more. I can see why ATP et al are sitting on their thumbs over this and can't blame them. It might be cheaper and quicker to procure a plant out of China or Savona Equipment in Canada rather than to embark on refurbing this one.

Also, is it only me who thinks they are embarking on digging a very big and deep pit (350m wide by >150m deep) when ~3/4 or more of the volume is waste rock? It's not so bad if you say it quick but if it's competent rock (and it will be) then there's no free digging and it'll all have to be drill & blasted and then carted away and dumped (or sold as road-stone). It's not too bad at the beginning, especially if you start digging over the strike, however, as the pit deepens so the volume of rock to be removed increases exponentially as the pit walls are pushed back: ore extraction slows and costs rise rapidly. They may have some need of waste rock for mine roads and tails dam construction, however this would amount to only 3-5% of the total waste rock to be extracted over 7 years. I would have expected a spiral decline to have gone in vertically to the left of the oxide ore and primary orebody and for drives to go across into the orbody to facilitate classing underground open stoping techniques. Mine what you need, minimise waste, minimise costs (and no rehab costs or unexpected rainfall events to consider).

Anyway.. other than the plant and the proposed Ngorogoro Crater.. a useful presentation.

BT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.