VTI 0.00% 14.0¢ visioneering technologies inc.

investor presentation, page-9

1. pst
    673 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    re: investor presentation for poop bugger, now I got it, in the obvious place, hehe, thanks poop (what a dumbo from my part)

this is good news for Missoula/Butte, this is only small part of the money allocated to bigger regional superfund/EPA project, I am having some hopes and fingers crossed, no tangible proof as yet

if you want to know more the keywords are
    Clark Fork River
    Milltown
    Opportunity Ponds
    Anaconda
    then you may discover some more

pls share your findings afterwards

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Bill contains $5 million for Milltown Dam renovation
    By PERRY BACKUS of the Missoulian

The new federal highway construction bill advancing in Congress contains $5 million to redevelop the Milltown Dam area east of Missoula.

The appropriations request, inserted in the bill by Sen. Max Baucus, would be used to assist the Milltown Superfund Site Redevelopment Working Group with plans to build new trails, footbridges, river access points and parks surrounding the dam area.

Baucus is the senior Democrat on a committee ironing out differences between Senate and House versions of the highway bill. The committee's revised bill will go before the two houses for an up-and-down vote, possibly soon.

President Bush signed an extension in June of the old highway program for the eighth time since it expired in 2003 after Congress was unable to agree on a new bill, in part due to a veto threat from the White House over the potential cost of the bill.

That extension was due to expire Tuesday.

The deal on the new highway bill could be struck "any time now," Baucus said Tuesday.

The funding for Milltown is expected to be in the final version.

"We've got it in there," Baucus said. "And since I'm writing the bill, the Milltown dollars will stay in there. Redeveloping the Milltown area is a top priority because we can turn a sow's ear into a silk purse, create jobs and develop a real asset for the area."

Baucus has been supportive of the Milltown Dam removal project and helped facilitate negotiations between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Atlantic Richfield Co. to move the project forward.

"We can't thank Max enough for his work to help remove the dam and his efforts to secure long-term redevelopment dollars for the project," said Tracy Stone-Manning, a leader of the Milltown working group and executive director of the Clark Fork Coalition in Missoula.

The potential funding shows how restoration efforts can lead to economic development, said Stone-Manning.

"That already has started up in Butte at Silver Bow Creek and it can and should happen up and down the river," she said. "We're thrilled with this announcement."

Missoula County Commissioner Barbara Evans had similar praise for Baucus' work.

"Max has risen to the challenge for us again," Evans said. "He's using his seniority and leadership position to develop a real asset by securing these dollars. We're ecstatic."

Located about five miles upstream of Missoula on the Clark Fork River, the dam was built in 1907. The dam holds back more than 6 million cubic yards of contaminated sediment from decades of mining and smelting upstream.

The EPA and Arco are working to finalize plans to remove the dam and sediment.

"I'm very pleased we are finalizing plans to remove the dam and redevelop Milltown and Bonner," Baucus said. "Some said this day would never come. But by working together we have proven them wrong. Now it's time to finish the job."

Reporter Perry Backus can be reached at 523-5259 or at [email protected]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VTI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.705M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.0¢ 14.0¢ $4 32

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8260 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 237 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.39am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VTI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.