Column 1
    Column 1
    0 Investor Relations
    | 10:25 (3 minutes ago)| |
    Column 1
    0 to me
    [/table]
    Van Thao Nguyen,

Thank you for your question. Newcrest recognises your observation and are aware of how our competitors mover relative to us however we are of the view that shareprice moves for many different shorterm reasons. Our focus remains long term profitable growth and value generation. To this end, most recently, we announced our equity interest in Lundin, to which we feel we can add real value to the venture through our expertise in developing similar ore bodies. In addition we are progressing the Wafi-Golpu project, the update to which will be announced in March of this year, and updates to the Cadia mine and mill prefeasibility studies in August 2018. These ventures we believe will be high margin, high value, and importantly, long life projects which are intended to outlast market cycles. Secondly, they are all driven with return to shareholders as a primary focus.

We've also been working hard on optimising our existing assets, the culmination of which has led to us setting a 30mtpa throughput target at Cadia and a 15mtpa sustainable throughput target at Lihir by end June 2019 These are designed to reduce our unit costs are our premier sites, thus further increasing our profitability in the long term.

Kind regards,

Newcrest Investor Relations

Sent: Tuesday, 27 February 2018 12:11 PM
    To: Investor Relations <[email protected]>
    Subject: share price performance

i was wondering if the company has any commentary on new crest share price performance in comparison to its peers, we have moved side ways for a while while Evolution, Northerns star st barabars and even saracen has manage to reach new 52 week highs.

just want to know if this is a concern of management in the long term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.