BJT babcock & brown japan property trust

investor services clarification

1. 3,760 Posts.
    Email below sent to Investor Relations. I will provide repsonse once I receive it.

Good afternoon XXXXX,

Thank you for taking my call this morning regarding BJT's announcement in relation to the above.

I understand your requirement for discretion in light of the lead up to annual results and what-have you however could I request further clarification?

You advised me that 10.7 cents distribution was no longer guidance. I understand this in respect of the fact that this was an indication of taxable income and you are no longer required to pay this out and therefore the need to offer scrip was void as a result of the Bamford case.

However, at the time this announcement was made in April, presumably the Shinjuku property had not been sold and BJT would not at the time have been aware of the net 81 million in cash as a result of the sale. Is this the case? That is, was the 3.3 cents cash distribution guidance at the time contingent upon anticipated completion and settlement of the Shinjuku transaction? If not then is it the case that although guidance is null at this time, a minimum of 3.3 cents per unit would be anticipated.

Again I understand if there are any issues or content arising from my questions above that you cannot disclose. If so please advise me.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Kind Regards,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BJT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.