GBE 0.00% 4.5¢ globe metals & mining limited

investor update, page-11

1. 134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Not to be teaching learned hotcopper readers how to suck eggs BUT ......

There is a significant difference between Niobium (and Tantalum) and Rare Earths. Niobium and tantalium are speciality metals, a bit like metals like cobalt, produced in relatively small quantities, less than 100,000 tonnes per annum total world wide production. These are produced in many countries, in the case of Tantilum generally as a by-product or small scale operation, while Niobium as a by-product or in the case of Brazilians as the main product. It is the Brazilians that dominate the Niobium market.

Rare Earths are represent a specific grouping of metals that as the name suggests are rare expensive and difficult to process and extract.

To me it appears that ECE are doing this deal for Kanyika which is NOT Rare Earths but Niobium. The same project that Globe failed to carry through with Thuthuka. Now there is a question, why really did that JV fail, the announcements at the time did seem a little light on for real info as to the WHY.

Well this is another deal for the Kanyika project and on the face seems to not value the rare earths not much. This maybe valid given the stage of development these projects are at. All should be revealed in the "Experts Report" due out soon, maybe!

Just remember this is not all about rare earths.

In the end I will be attending the EGM, whenever it is held, and will not make up my mind until more is revealed by Globe on the deal otherwise if no more revealed then it has to be NO.

Preston

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.