KAR 1.63% $1.81 karoon energy ltd

investsmart says sell, page-3

1. 2,041 Posts.
    Not to mention, they don't have their own opinion . . . just an opinion based on an amalgamation of opinions from a collection of brokers that are dumber than they are.

The fact that KAR did not come out and deny the media speculation with a "clarification notice" on the ASX, relating to "a person close to the matter . . ." would indicated the news is at least as good as expected.

I'm more heartened by the interpretation for upside, given they drilled deeper into the Cretaceous. Pre-drill mapping shows an upside target of 200mmbo of oil in the cretaceous at the Kronos location, in addition to the gas and condensate in the Poseidon structure.

Now if the (interpreted) Cretaceous paydirt at Kronos is linked to any paydirt in the Cretaceous at P2, that would be well well above pre-drill estimates as it is beyond the area of mapping. An oil leg would also explain the extensive testing at depth. Throw in the Montara and the upside 15Tcf+ scenario is still in play. Its obviously not a given because we have no specific data, just depths and understanding of the extensive testing.

As for the reason not to release results, please note that Conoco may have reservations as project operator, particularly in relation to Conoco's other LNG interests in Australia as there may be parallel negotiations for feedstock, expansion .. .

As a longtermer, I must confess to flipping and buying back stock the last fortnight for ~ $20k in profit, but I am verymuch focused on the endgame, and the flush hand is still in play so I am very confident.

In the next 3months Kronos will be at TD and if a goer like we expect, we could be looking at the upside scenario in which case brokers will not be able to by half a KAR share with their $11 price targets!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.81
Change
-0.030(1.63%)
Mkt cap ! $1.446B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.82 $1.85 $1.78 $8.678M 4.810M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5319 $1.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.81 36852 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.