OVT 33.3% 0.4¢ ovanti limited

Charts are really good to find an entry and exit. Day traders...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1980
    Charts are really good to find an entry and exit. Day traders may use market scanners with certain criteria which provide buying opportunities based on technicals e.g. chart patterns and or oscillators to identify companies that have been oversold. I know of a few funds in the US that actually take their positions based on technicals and then performing fundamental analysis however the primary rules try and identify companies that follow the "cigar butt" analogy coined by Benjamin Graham. The fund has been running for several years and does quite well. Other academics follow similar methods with market scanners as well attempting to capture trends rather than find the best businesses fundamentally.

Personally, I prefer the method of reading as much as I can around business/technology trends and then do my research into those areas on the share market. I found IOU for example by looking for businesses in South East Asia that had a focus on Fintech as my research indicates this region and sector will grow rapidly in the next 5 years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.