OVT 14.3% 0.6¢ ovanti limited

IOU Chart, page-753

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1980
    I think you're missing the point though and I don't really understand a lot of the sentiment behind your posts as you come across somewhat pessimistic about IOU. If you bought above the current share price and are currently sitting on a loss I can understand how that would make you feel.

I have looked into those other companies that are continuously mentioned on this thread (I'm not going to state ticker codes as we know what they are), I personally did not see enough reason to invest. In fact, I saw a lot of reasons to steer clear. Sure they have gone up in price and I missed out on making money but that's ok with me because if I had money sitting in those companies I wouldn't sleep well at night because they don't meet my investment standards.

When we talk about the share price I think we tend to glaze over talking about value. Just because the share price of IOU has faltered and gone down doesn't mean the intrinsic value has, and this is generally how an arbitrage is created. You find something available for sale at a price less than it's fair value, you acquire it and then sell it for fair value at a later date and the difference is the profit margin. If these situations didn't occur in the stock market then how would we ever make money? The beauty of the share market is that we can all choose to determine what we believe is fair value and what isn't. Sometimes we'll be right and sometimes we'll be wrong and that's the real trick to it all; determining when we're wrong and when we're right, then having the courage of our conviction to follow it through.

What does that look like? Well, in my opinion that means backing the decision you made when you bought something. Whatever the reason was, if it was enough to get us in then it should be enough to have confidence to hold through rough times and not let those negative feelings about a temporary situation override our true position. If we can't do that then we have to ask ourselves why we're here. If our idea of fair value was wrong that's ok, we're not stuck, the market is liquid and we can exit at our discretion.

Over the past 12 months IOU has gone up by 3800% which is a massive increase and it's even more crazy when you consider that the business is just starting to find it's feet. So we're talking about the share price going from 1c up to 39c and holding around those levels. When a company goes from 1c up to 3c and we talk about a 200% increase after being in suspension for such a long time the comparison becomes a lot more interesting. It's also beyond me why people like to compare to a company that owns a stake in a private subsidiary that operates in the same sector as IOU but doesn't have to provide the financial position of that subsidiary to the public. I'm pretty sure I know which company I'd prefer to be invested in regardless of the short term performance.

This is just my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
-0.001(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $7.440M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.6¢ $110.1K 18.35M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 221999 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.7¢ 4427311 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OVT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.