"The surge that created the giant waves was entirely due to the...

1. 890 Posts.
    "The surge that created the giant waves was entirely due to the weather event and nothing to do with existing sea levels at the time."

Megafauna you are correct although you are failing to think further and add things together.

We have had several large sea surges on the east coast since the one you and I remember 35 years ago.

Now if it was true about a 'sea level' rise in the last few decades, a sea surge today of similar strength would wipe out thousands of properties, but only if there had been some actual sea level increase.

It would take just a few millimetres increase to see wide spread destruction on many parts of our east coast.

The fact is it hasn't happened and just 3 years ago there was a pretty big storm surge that was comparable to anything I've seen prior and the height at which the sea pushed in was less than anything previously.

That for me is simple confirmation the actual sea level is either the same or even lower than what it was 50 years ago.

Thinking is the key but it's also dangerous. Those little pacific islands that are disappearing, well, one has to have a think about what is really happening there.

Just one more thing. Sea level rise should not be confused with natural erosion and land bodies sinking lol.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.