ipcc sea level crap, page-17

1. 17,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1154
    "It would take just a few millimetres increase to see wide spread destruction on many parts of our east coast."

During the cycle of the moon the tides vary by much more than a few millimetres, so I won't buy that one.

Everyone that lives near a beach or near a river can tell a story about the worst ever flood or storm surge in living memory. Many will also tell you that no two floods, or cyclones, or dust storms or blizzards are the same. I will go along with that one.

The catastrophic floods that hit Toowoomba and Brisbane will live in the memory of those that were affected. I live only an hour or two drive from those places but was relatively unaffected by those events.

The complicated set of circumstances that led to the Toowoomba flood may not occur again for centuries but we can not be certain that it won't happen next week.

As for beach erosion, factors such as frequency of events have a much bigger bearing on how much damage will occur. Too many events does not allow the natural regeneration of dunes to occur.

Man's interference can also play a part in how our environment is affected when these extreme weather events come along.

I will let you choose what kind of interference by us, can cause the most damage.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.