IPO’s – Broker Firm Offers

1. 1,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Hi All,

I’ve been trading and investing on and off for years. Everything I’ve done over the last decade or so has always been through an online broker. In terms of IPO’s this hasn’t worried me as I’ve only ever participated in IPO’s which had Public Offers. However, because I don’t use a retail broker, over the last month or so I’ve missed out on several IPO’s which I would have bought into. I can’t imagine a retail broker will look too favourably on me if I’m just chasing the occasional float, and not trading regularly with them. But missing out on the likes of IPH, APN Outdoor and Pacific Smiles has rather annoyed me. Maybe I need to open an account with a retail broker, however I’m battling to come to grips with spending about 5 times as much on brokerage as what I do now…

Obviously most people on these forums participate in Broker Firm Offers. Just wondering how everyone here does it – do you do all your trading through a full service broker to maintain a favourable relationship with them? It seems you’d have to maintain active accounts with several brokers just to have a chance of getting in on most of the IPO’s. Or is there some other way to get in on some of these floats which are only available through Broker Firm Offers?... Comments appreciated.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.