CHM 0.00% 2.1¢ chimeric therapeutics limited

IPO - Chimeric Therapeutics Limited - 18 January 2021 #, page-131

1. 2,233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 913
    I find some of the posts on here a bit puzzling.. first of all, where did this figure of $3k come from for all clients of BP? Why is everyone quoting it like it is a fact in the investment decision process? If all that you received from your bid was $3k that doesn't then follow that all clients only received $3k..

The public offer via the website was indeed a bit odd, I applied on there (after having my BP allocation confirmed) and was quite surprised that they took the money after having publicly announced that the IPO was full. More a case of poor office management than anything sinister but a bit annoying to get a cheque back, I live rurally so that's a bit of a hassle taking a cheque to the bank..

Quoting twitter investors always baffles me.. if they also only got $3k in shares in this IPO then they are just a retail punter as well. If they are so good why aren't they in the Rich 200 or Rich 40 under 40 or on the substantial shareholding statements of these companies? I've been investing in shares for a coupe of decades and had never heard of any of these "experts" until Sportsbet was stopped by covid and I started having a look on Hot Copper out of boredom. I make enough from investing that it has been my day job for quite some time and I am yet to buy a stock based on twitter..

Lastly if this company was going to be worth $1,000,000,000+ so quickly why on earth would anyone float it looking for only $35m???? That just doesn't make sense at all.. I think this float will be a good one but have no expectation of $2/share+ any time soon. Why would you sell your company at 20c per share if you knew it would be worth $2+ in the short term?? Positivity doesn't have to be unhinged from reality..

Anyway, rant over.. lol
    Good luck to all, lets hope its a successful float and a great result longer term for anyone who stays the distance! Worst case, CHM may track sideways ad infinitum but might find the cure for cancer!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.