NXS 5.17% 27.5¢ next science limited

I've done some research into this stock over the last few days...

1. 24 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    I've done some research into this stock over the last few days and found the info below interesting. I'll leave the commentary of what this means for a valuation or buy/sell to others as I find that aspect of understanding a stock harder than anything else!

What is Xbio?
    From patents and ingredient lists on their website and FDA listings it's a combination of the following:
    -1. Surfactant which in the current products is benzalkonium chloride (BZK), the same active ingredient and concentration used as a disinfectant in other wound gels, disinfectant wipes and diluted household disinfectants like 'pine o cleen'.
    -2. A weak organic acid like citric acid or acetic acid (vinegar), both have been shown effective for biofilm and used for a long time in burns and other applications due to biofilm activity.
    -3. Alot of buffer, usually sodium acetate or sodium citrate to keep the pH stable.

FDA approvals
    The FDA approvals don't seem to relate to any biofilm efficacy or validation of a novel technology. The products might be amazing but I don't think the FDA have assessed this:
    - The wound gel BlastX FDA approval is based on the description that the benzalkonium chloride is an antimicrobial agent so it's the same as the predicate product, Anasept antimicrobial gel.
    - The SSI wash Bactisure FDA approval is based on being similar to Prontosan and removing bugs with mechanical action of irrigation.

Interesting to watch!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.5¢
Change
-0.015(5.17%)
Mkt cap ! $80.21M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 28.5¢ 26.0¢ $30.57K 112.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19549 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 9999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.