BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

Has anyone else noticed that the Tribetarna trial has been...

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    Has anyone else noticed that the Tribetarna trial has been relegated to the second division? Funds from this IPO will be used to fund trials for HCV, HBV and AMD but not for Tribetarna - this program will only be funded to IND. Frankly, this is joke! This was a program that was to go to trial in 2012. Only a year ago PF was telling the world that the trial will start in 2015. Now, an extra $60M will not get it into the clinic. What happened to the advance payment of $3M that was paid to the CRO? How can anyone believe any of the statements made by the company when they never seem to achieve what they say they will do?

At least the IPO is underwritten and so most of the capital is assured but I don't get the feeling that the increased capital will be used in a way that will stimulate real interest. It is a harsh call but I suspect that the underwriter may be left with egg on their face. I said in a previous post that management needed an ace up its sleeve if existing investors were to get something out of the IPO, so far, I cannot see it.

Did anyone notice that our existing capital plus the new capital is only predicted to last 24 months? In other words, more capital raising in two years.

The statement that one possible development for TT-034 could be the application of a new vector for a second generation product does not inspire me.

All in all, this seems to be the same old, same old that I have read before every other capital raising.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.