DFM 0.00% 83.0¢ dongfang modern agriculture holding group limited

Fair call, I feel this might be different. I was at the listing...

1. 268 Posts.
    Fair call, I feel this might be different.

I was at the listing ceremony and Michael Choi, one of the Independent Director's spoke.

He noted that there had been issues with Chinese companies listing on the ASX before and only agreed to be involved if the level of corporate hygiene and governance was beyond reproach. He reiterated that in the time he has been with the company everything has exceede
    d his expectations.

These two notes from the listing announcement are why I think it has a great future.

"Operating within the world's largest agribusiness market, Dongfang's underlying business is primarily the growing and harvesting of citrus produce, particularly tangerines, pomelos and navel oranges and also camellia fruit. In 2014, the company produced and sold over 200,000 tonnes of fruit produce, generating revenues in excess of A$133 million and delivering net profit of A$67 million. Donfang expects output to increase to around 230,000 tonnes in calendar 2015, benefitting through subsequent acquisitions of new plantations."

AND

" "Our strong growth history since foundation in 2009 has been achieved without any additional equity nor debt, and the funds from the IPO will allow further low risk growth in the citrus and camellia fruit business. In addition, our strong balance sheet will enable us to consider acquisitions in Australia." Dongfang is very well positioned in a market leader role to provide high quality citrus produce in China to rising affluence and health consciousness throughout the market place. Dietary trends in China clearly exhibit a rising preference for fruit and nuts at the expense of grains, with data showing rising citrus consumption at over 8% pa and an aggregate of over 32mtpa."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DFM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.