NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

So I have had my IQ buds for a week now. I purchased these with...

1. 49 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    So I have had my IQ buds for a week now. I purchased these with the intention to utilize the wireless aspect whilst at work. Taking calls and listening to music mostly. I am in my 30's and do not have hearing issues. I am 6 foot 3 inches tall and need to be fairly mobile in my job - so throwing in the pocket is a must. The Phone I use is an iphone 6.

Here are my findings:

Ear Comfort
    Over the past week I have tried all of the bud tips a number of times to get the perfect fit. I still found that I wasn't getting the fit that I desired. I checked the website out and there was advice on fitting the buds to your ear. In my case, I need to pull the top of my ear back whilst fitting the buds. Then it will sit nicely giving it a good seal within the ear.
    After a few hours of wearing the buds, my ears do get a but sore though - I think this is due to having small ears. I am now envious of people with larger ears...

Music Quality
    Once I got a good fit in my ear, I found that the music quality and hearing augmentation was immediately enhanced. Music is very clear with good bass - I have tried various types of music and very happy with everything! Equivalent to a high end headphone.

Connectivity
    I found connectivity between the phone and the buds to be pretty good. I understand what others are saying regarding the drop outs, however for me a drop out is only for a millisecond which doesn't bother me. If I turn my head suddenly to a point where my head blocks the line of sight it will drop out for a split second and continue to play - understandable. Same with the back pocket - it is connected for 99.999% of the time with the odd drop for a millisecond - nothing to worry about. Connectivity with the phone in my hand or top pocket is perfect.

App
    At first I found the app very difficult to understand. There is minimal explanation on what each of the dials do. Would be good if they had a description on the dials - eg Cancels Noise / Enhances Noise etc. I am still finding that I am hopping onto the NUH site to remind myself what each of the dials do. This is an easy fix with an app update and nothing to worry about.

Hearing Augmentation
    Given that I have good hearing anyway and that I am mostly in a quiet environment, I cannot comment too much on this just yet. I have found that (depending on the settings) I can hear things that I wouldn't normally hear. Its very interesting and takes some getting use to. Looking forward to trying a noisy pub environment.

Touch Control
    The touch control is very easy to understand. If you get it wrong, it will not ruin your settings. Just keep pressing until you get what you are after (unless you are on a phone call - then you will probably hang up on the person).
    Siri - Works great! Making calls and texting is great! Sometimes I accidentally engage Siri and not sure how to turn it off - I usually just use long tap and Siri will turn off eventually.
    The interaction between pausing and playing songs / changing settings to talk to people / using Siri is very easy.

Issues
    For some reason when I take out the buds and hold them both in one hand they produce a high pitched squeak (for lack of a better word). This does not bother me as they are never in my ears - just odd that's all.
    Cost - general feedback is curiosity, functionality is cool, but they bawk at the price of nearly $400 AUD. Even though I explain all of the additional functions, the response is that they couldn't afford it. Little disappointing, but understand that $400 is a lot of money for some.

Overall I am a very happy customer and very much enjoy not having cables and not having to take out my headphone when wanting to talk to someone. My work mates are getting use to talking to me with the buds in my ears - they automatically assume that I cannot hear them and think I am listening to music.

Will definitely continue to hold my shares and continue to relay to others how awesome the IQbuds are. My father (with tinitis) is eagerly awaiting for them to hit the shelves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.