SXE 0.59% $1.68 southern cross electrical engineering ltd

In simple terms, what the legislation the OP refers to means is...

1. 53 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    In simple terms, what the legislation the OP refers to means is that labour hire providers will need to provide terms and conditions to their employees that are the same as directly engaged workers who are employed by the "host" employer. Relevantly, the "host" employer in this case would be SCEE or any of its subsidiaries eg. Heyday, Trivantage, Datatel etc.

Where labour hire employees are employed alongside directly employed employees on lesser wages and conditions, labour costs associated with labour hire employees will increase. In many cases across industry, but not all cases, labour hire employees are employed on the same wages and conditions as directly employed workers but the host employer saves on administration costs.

Before jumping at shadows about the impact the changes will have on SCEE's labour costs, you would first need to know if SXE group companies employ labour sourced from labour hire providers and the proportion of the labour force so engaged. If not, there will be no impact on SCEE's labour costs. If they do, you would need to know if SCEE labour sourced from labour hire providers is engaged under lesser wages and conditions than directly employed labour. If not, there will be no impact on SCEE's labour costs.

As for me, I don't know the answers to these questions and I'm not unduly fussed by them because as I understand it, SCEE companies are employers of choice among highly skilled electrical tradesmen and women, whose skills are in high demand and who wouldn't work for SCEE if they had to work alongside labour hire employees receiving substantially inferior wages and conditions.

If you are fussed by these questions, I'm sure an email to SXE investor relations asking them would elicit an answer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.68
Change
-0.010(0.59%)
Mkt cap ! $442.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.71 $1.73 $1.66 $1.719M 1.019M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5082 $1.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.69 4301 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.