SXE 0.88% $1.70 southern cross electrical engineering ltd

IR changes., page-8

1. 2,323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 700
    Does SCEE employ labour hire workers to temporarily meet demand on some jobs at rates different to its permanent employees? This would provide flexibility to meet temporary or fluctuating demand. So not using temporary labour is not just about paying the same wages, but whether staff have to be permanently employed, or can just be used when needed (and what on costs apply to the different types of workers). I fear any legislated "solution" will make it more difficult to easily vary staff numbers to meet fluctuating demand. We will find out after the event.

You may save on administrative costs as you say by employing temporary labour hire workers on the same pay as the permanent staff, but if all your employees are permanent you are potentially stuck with underutilised staff when demand is fluctuating in different parts of the business in different locations. it is more efficient to have temporary staff meeting temporary demand if there are localised spikes in work.

I also do not know the answer to these questions and I have asked the company about the impact of the labour hire proposals. Unlike you I do not expect to get a clear answer, but I live in hope.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.70
Change
-0.015(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $446.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.72 $1.72 $1.67 $484.6K 286.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11774 $1.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.72 2732 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.