Iran and Bolton, page-35

1. 17,692 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    Chuck et al - the people who barrack for Trump, and especially voted for him initially, were quite a motley crew, but definitely the far right of politics supported him. Bolton, I seem to remember was also the publisher of some of that extreme right-wing rubbish, which is close to a certain WWII frame of mind, and some of the misinformation these people spread found and still finds it's way in amended form all over the globe. I used to go to great trouble explaining some of the racist stuff I received from Europe back to them as being generated by an extreme conservative group in the U.S.

I do have an educated friend, however, who is a Trump supporter, travels a lot, but believes the United States are fully capable of supporting home industries and don't need the rest of the world, as they have enough natural resources, unemployed labour etc. I have to agree with him and it may come to that, that we all have to withdraw a little and stay on our own turf, use our resources (and less of them), waste less, maybe completely change our mode of operating as capitalism seems to rely on expansionism, which the world can ill afford. But that's another subject. - and Capitalism has shown itself capable of extreme inventiveness in adapting.

Trump's actions are simply the gut reactions of an uneducated man (who is also playing to a gullibe native public) and I believe the world's more mature politicians have realised this by now. They have learnt to wait and see.

Here is a link to what misinformation can do (and Bolton was and is a major contributing 'journalist' to those kinds of false information sources)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/world/europe/sweden-immigration-nationalism.html
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.